Sunday, March 15, 2009

Black Holes Explanation

For the first time, Ryan and I had agreed to meet the very next day. I didn’t have much to do today so I figured we would meet around noon time. I ate my lunch and made my way over to the park. I looked towards the bench were we usually sat but Ryan wasn’t there. After a few minutes I noticed him waving his hands in the air. He was sitting at a new bench and I went to where he was. He said the afternoon sun was too strong for the usual bench so he chose this one in the shade.
I first told Ryan that there really wasn’t much left about my life to talk about. We talked about most of my major accomplishments, education, discoveries, family life, and illness. However I told that I would explain anything in more depth if he wanted. He said he would like to know a little more about what I developed with black holes. I told him that my study in cosmology led me to the best-known singularity in the universe, which is the black hole. I told him that black holes cannot be seen but there are two different things that can be seen. The boundary, or event horizon, can be detected and the effects of black holes and also be seen. Sometimes in pairs of stars, called binaries, only one star can be seen suggesting a black hole. Stars can also seem to speed around in tight orbits of planets, on occasion. We also know that a single black hole can be more massive than a million suns. I also told Ryan that I proved a few things about black holes. First, the surface of a black hole can never decrease; it can only increase. Secondly, I found out that black holes could emit thermal radiation. This is controversial because it goes against the fact that nothing can escape from a black hole. Finally, I stated that black holes were formed from the Big Bang Explosion.

No comments:

Post a Comment